In 2012, Ethan and Nicole began to focus solely on disciple-making in North India. They have seen abundant fruit.
“By God’s grace alone,” Nicole says, “we think that roughly 100,000 families have become disciples of Jesus. We stand amazed.” In 2020 alone, they estimate that 30,000 – 50,000 new house churches were birthed. How do we know these were churches?
It’s simple: The poor are fed, widows and orphans are cared for, the sick are healed in Jesus’ name. People are prayed for in the name of Jesus. Demons flee. Disciples are made, and they reproduce. Those disciples reproduce and launch churches that plant churches. And it goes on and on, just as described in Acts 2:42-47. That is how we know they are churches.
A report of impressive numbers, though, is just a snapshot of the Holy Spirit’s work. These numbers represent new followers of Jesus who are living new lives.
In a recent newsletter, Ethan and Nicole shared: “Every day in these new churches we see:
- Husbands stop beating their wives and begin to spend their income on family needs instead of alcohol
- Wives and daughters are accepted and honored as equal
- Families freely share with their neighbors during times of need
- Individuals practically and wholeheartedly love former enemies — regardless of caste, religion, or political leaning
- House churches fund literacy projects and micro-enterprise efforts in their communities
- Miraculous healings and deliverances
To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! (Ephs 3:21).
BEYOND donors, you have been a part of this life-changing news!