Have you ever realized that all the new disciples Jesus, Paul and their teams made were the first disciples where none had ever been? What did they do? Over and over, we find Jesus and Paul thanking God for these new disciples and leaders!
In Luke 10:21, Jesus “overflowed with joy” that the 72 had received God’s revelation and fulfilled their mission.
Every one of Paul’s letters went to the first disciples and churches in unreached peoples. He and his team constantly thanked God for them, such as in 2 Thessalonians 1:3: We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing. Therefore, among God’s churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring. Some among other such verses include Romans 1:8-9; 1 Corinthians 1:4-6; Ephesians 1:15-16; Philippians 1:3-6; 4:4-6; Colossians 1:3, 2:6-7; 3:15-17; 1 Thessalonians 1:2; 5:16-18; and Philemon 1:1-4.
Would you join the Beyond team in giving thanks for some of the following first disciples and leaders among Unreached People Groups?
- An apostolic team of young adults in a Southeast Asian country who, after a natural disaster, have made some of the first disciples in that unreached people.
- For local leaders God has used to launch a movement of over 30,000 churches who went (in spite of their fear) to an area known for organized crime families – and made some of the first disciples ever among that people group.
- For the same team who trained some from a different language group (known as the poorest of the poorest of the poor) – and came back a few weeks later to find they had started 13 discovery Bible study groups!
- For a couple who prayed for 10 coworkers to help make multiplying disciples in an atheistic European country – and showed a picture recently of a multi-national team of 12 disciple-making coworkers God had raised up!
- For a radio personality in a Southeast Asian country who became a disciple and has joined in multiplying other disciples.
- For two top athletes from an Asian country who are partnering with our team to make multiplying disciples among other athletes of their region.
- For reports of the first known believers in an Asian town.
For all of these new disciples and disciple-makers, Lord, we give THANKS and we overflow with JOY!!
President & CEO